Company News: Thiess
Updated: 07 Dec 2011
Thiess is one of Australia’s leading construction, mining and management services contractor.
Also Known as: Thiess Australia
Regions of Operation Australasia
Telephone: +61 7 3002 9000
- Level 5, 179 Grey Street
- South Bank
- QLD 4101
Most Recent Company News
- TSP awarded Solomon contract - 17 Jul 2014 11:03am
The Thiess Sedgman Projects joint venture (TSP) has been awarded a contract at FMG's Solomon mine Read more...
- Thiess to build Roy Hill process facilities - 28 May 2014 12:29pm
Thiess has been awarded a A$330 million (US$305 million) contract by Samsung C&T to construct process plant facilities for the Roy Hill iron ore mine in Western Australia Read more...
- Boring by the Great Barrier - 30 Apr 2014 4:56pm
Tunnel boring in marine environments posed some tricky challenges for GHD Read more...
- Downloads can lift mine productivity - 12 Mar 2014 1:08pm
A few years ago US$5 trillion of capital equipment got the attention of researchers at IBM. The number actually came later (from them). Read more...
- Digital signals much clearer - 06 Mar 2014 4:41pm
Mining executives in Canada and the US are happy with their recent digital investment, a survey suggests Read more...
- Jellinbah ups production at Lake Vermont - 29 Nov 2013 6:15pm
Jellinbah Resources has awarded Thiess a US$510 million contract expansion at the Lake Vermont coal mine in Queensland’s Bowen Basin Read more...
- Thiess and RWE team up to offer continuous-mining services - 29 Nov 2013 6:14pm
Thiess has formed a global joint venture with RWE Generation to offer services for continuous-mining equipment Read more...
- Thiess and RWE form JV for IPCC - 21 Nov 2013 5:01pm
Thiess has formed a joint venture with RWE Generation to provide in-house design, engineering, operation and maintenance services for open-pit continuous mining equipment Read more...
- Sydney NWRL tunnels contract awarded - 18 Jul 2013 3:41pm
Thiess John Holland Dragados joint venture has been awarded a US$1bn contract to build 15km twin tunnels for the North West Rail Link (NWRL) in Sydney, Australia Read more...
- GVK Hancock and Thiess sign agreement - 14 Jun 2013 1:01pm
GVK Hancock Coal has appointed Thiess as the preferred mine operations contractor at the Alpha coal mine in the Galilee Basin Read more...
Latest Press Releases
No results were found.
Read articles from the latest Print Edition - WT June 14
RECENT IN-DEPTH FEATURES
Recently published Reports:
No results were found
Thought leadership Guides, Webinars & Round Table events